Job title: Architectural Designer
Job description: Architectural Designer
Excellent Salary & Benefits Package
Award Winning Architectural Firm
Other titles: Architectural Designer, Building Designer, Intermediate Design Architect, Design Technologist, Designer, Design Technician
TalentSphere has partnered with a well established, mid-sized and very reputable Architecture firm in Vancouver, BC. They are currently looking for an Architectural Designer to join their team.
This firm specializes in multi-family residential, mixed use, senior living, hospitality and commercial and has won many awards over the 35+ years they have been in business. This firm offers continuing education and training opportunities in a collaborative office that is committed to making positive change.
Our client is looking for an experienced Architectural Designer to work on a variety of projects., including residential, commercial, or mixed-use projects. We are seeking a professional with 3+ years of experience in design as well as some experience with technical work. You will be able to work constructively in team settings and will manage design and documentation, including municipal approvals, coordination of consultant documents, building code compliance, and project specifications.
- Registered as an Architect with AIBC or eligible for registration in the province of British Columbia
- 3+ years experience working with design, with some of that on multi-family woodframe projects
- Experience in producing submissions related to letters of inquiry, rezoning, and development permit
- Strong graphic skills related to software proficiency.
- Assist in Schematic Design and Design Development of a project
- Integrate the required client program within the building design
- Site Layout and floor planning using both 2D and 3D sketching
- Prepare presentation drawings
- Revisit designs and make adjustments to designs as needed
- Ensure design specifications align to safety standards and governmental regulations
- Lead and coordinate internal design/production teams as required
- Working knowledge on building projects
- Oversee building code compliance, project specifications and quality assurance
- Coordinate with consultants and manage multiple assignments
- Prepare outline specifications for schematic design
- Liaise with clients and City officials
- Conduct site visits
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven and successful experience creating architectural designs for residential, commercial, or mixed-use projects,
- Proven ability to analyze and produce conceptual plans and 3D visuals to represent potential solution
- Working knowledge of construction details in Schematic Design
- Strong understanding of building technology with a thorough understanding of construction detailing
- Significantly detail-oriented with the ability to spot and fix pote ntial design flaws
- The ability to manage time well and work towards deadlines
- The ability to work well on your own initiative or as part of a team
- Experience with leading meetings, and coordinating with consultants, contractors and authorities having jurisdiction
- Experience working in the context of multidisciplinary project teams
- Understanding of BC Building Code and local by-laws
- Working knowledge of the BCBC and VBBL
- Proficient in AutoCAD and 3D software such as Rhino, Sketch-up etc.
- Revit proficiency an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with fluency in English and valid work status in
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Excellent company with a strong collaborative team and great reputation in the industry
- Competitive compensation and benefits plan
- Flexible working environment and company perks
- Amazing company culture with regular team building events and get togethers
- Regular staff recognition, employee awards and annual bonus based on company & individual performance
- Opportunity for professional growth and development with opportunity to lead and implement new strategies
- Incredible opportunity to work directly with the Senior Leadership team to develop the company further
Please apply directly if you feel like you are the right candidate for this role! Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Keywords: Architectural Designer, Technical Designer, Senior Designer, Designer, Architect, Vancouver, British Columbia, Architecture
Location: Vancouver, BC
Job date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 07:49:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!