Job title: Data Analyst
Company: Adaptive Solutions Group
Job description: Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the Kansas City and St. Louis areas.
We are currently looking for a Data Analyst to join our team.
- Provides effective use of Agile methods for KANBAN or SCRUM when working with development teams.
- Coordinate workflow of tasks to ensure uptime of databases in support of achievement of business requirements.
- The goal is to achieve a seamless flow of information throughout the organization, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for employees and members.
- Analyze existing SQL Server installation, Server Configuration, and Database settings and recommend improvements.
- Focus in Data Analytics.
- Administer database replication between servers, specifically Always On Availability Groups.
- Tune and optimize database objects.
- After hours on call through department rotation.
- Recognize issues that impact business and how it relates to IT owned solutions.
- Communicates effectively in written and verbal form in a cross-functional setting with business partners.
- Investigate and implement effective monitoring of enterprise systems.
- Assess risks; communicate and create mitigation plans for these risk.
- 5+ years of experience with 2016, or higher, MS SQL Server database administration.
- Bachelors degree in a Computer Science discipline or equivalent certification/training/experience in relational database management systems.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
- Advanced ability to write T-SQL and design schemas.
- Advanced experience with indexing.
- Advanced knowledge of query performance tuning.
- Basic understanding of PowerShell for automation.
- Basic understanding of Visual Studio.
- Intermediate understanding of version control systems.
- Strong ability to create SSRS or Power BI reports as needed.
- Experience with performance tuning & system optimization database health, security data analysis, problem analysis database installation, backups, replication, validation, and patching.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build positive working relationships with teammates, strong team player.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to learn new job skills by engaging in the technical aspects of the job and applying new skills as they are taught.
- Experience with 2022 MS SQL Server database administration.
- Experience with Git.
- Experience with the following applications and software:
- Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Azure DevOps
- Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Synapse
- Azure SQL
- Local to the Kansas City, Metro.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation, and holidays.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
MS SQL Server, T-SQL, design schemas, Power BI
Location: Lenexa, KS
Job date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 22:19:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!