Job title: Data Analyst
Job description: Vevo is the world’s leading music video network, connecting an ever-growing global audience to high quality music video content for more than a decade. Founded by Universal Music Group and Sony Music Entertainment in 2009, Vevo offers fans worldwide a vast array of premium content to choose from, showcasing official music videos alongside a constantly developing lineup of live performances and innovative original programming. From top superstars to rising new talents, Vevo brings incomparable cross-promotional support to artists across the musical spectrum, at every stage of their careers.
Vevo has consistently evolved over the past decade to lead within today’s ever-changing media landscape, embracing partnerships with a number of leading distribution platforms to deliver extraordinary content within ad-supported environments. With more than 25B views across television, desktop and mobile devices each month, Vevo brings music videos to the world – when, where, and how fans want them.
This Data Analyst will help continue our expansion of our Data Analytics Department. The ideal candidate will have the ability to sift through large data sets, parse out key trends, and clearly communicate findings to stakeholders. A major responsibility of this role will be to help automate reporting, build dashboards in Looker, and expand relationships with other departments to help enable data driven business decisions. This is a unique opportunity for motivated individuals to help drive innovation and thought leadership throughout a vibrant and dynamic organization.
As a member of this team you will:
- Communicate concise data points, trends and measurement strategies to a broad audience of both technical and non-technical teams
- Collaborate with Distribution Operations, Content and Programming, and Partner Management teams to develop reporting and assist in ad hoc requests
- Build robust data visualizations and interactive dashboards that are capable of delivering information in an intelligent and digestible manner
- Bring forward insights, results, and suggest optimizations to improve said results
- Peel through layers of reported data, disregarding the unnecessary, to deliver analysis and insight to both internal and external client constituents
- Assist in developing workflows for data aggregation, and harmonization from multiple endpoints into one single system
- Establish QA protocols to ensure accuracy and data granularity for analyses
This describes you:
- An analytical mindset with the ability to communicate findings to others
- An independent worker with strong time management and organization skills
- A problem solver with the ability to develop creative solutions
- A strong team player, willing to roll up your sleeves and collaborate with others
- Nimble and flexible with ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented with a commitment to follow through
- Strong analytical skills are required, including the ability to analyze raw data, identify trend drivers, draw conclusions, and summarize actionable recommendations and their forecasted outcomes/implications
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of data structuring with SQL, R, Python preferred as well as an understanding and past experience with Redshift and AWS
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to aggregate information and data from multiple sources
- Experience with Looker or other data visualization/dashboarding tools is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to convey and package technical findings in layman’s terms
- Ideally 1-2 years relevant experience preferred
Interested? Great! You might like to know:
- We’re a fun, energetic, and tight knit team
- We really enjoy music and technology
- We have competitive compensation and benefits packages
- We have premier access to music content and new releases of original media content
The pay range for this position is: $60k-$70k per year. Please note that the foregoing compensation information is a good-faith assessment associated with this position only and is provided pursuant to the New York City Transparency Law.
This is a full-time position based on-site/in our New York office. Vevo currently operates in a hybrid work model and requires all employees, who have not been designated as “remote” to be in the office/studio a minimum of 3 days a week.
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.
Expected salary: $60000 – 70000 per year
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Thu, 07 Sep 2023 23:54:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!