Job title: Data Analyst – Stroke and Neurocritical Care Research Center
Company: Massachusetts General Hospital
Job description: GENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The Data Analyst I supports the Resilient Brain Lab at Massachusetts General Hospital Stroke and Neurocritical Care Research Center. The Center is one of the largest and most prolific stroke research centers in the country employing a diverse team of researchers managing novel clinical trials in cerebrovascular diseases as well as (inter)national networks to advance research in cerebral small vessel disease.
The research within the lab is broadly split up into epidemiology, data science, AI in medicine, and pipeline development to analyze large scale imaging data. The focus is to help us model the brain’s capacity to compensate for negative events and disease, as well as brain health. The Resilient Lab is a fast-paced research environment at the intersection of clinical research and advanced neuroimaging analysis.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- · Imaging data analysis and processing with a variety of processing tools using bash scripting and Python
- · Assisting with data quality assurance and analysis
- · Maintaining data organization
- · Assist the PI(s) with determining the most suitable methodology
- · Create and/or implement lab specific research SOPs
- · Prepare and present reports
- · Organize and summarize acquired data, using scientific and statistical techniques.
- · Organize and/or draft material for the preparation of research publication and/or presentation.
- · Participate in the design of experiments.
- · Highly motivated self-starter
- · Comfortable using Linux environments and the terminal for running jobs non-interactively.
- · Proficient in Python
- · Knowledge of databases and machine learning packages.
- · Well-developed organizational and analytical skills, excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- · An eagerness to learn new technologies and employ them in day-to-day usage.
- · Analytical skills and the ability to resolve technical problems
- · Ability to interpret acceptability of data results
- · Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- · Careful attention to detail
Standard office conditions – cubical or shared office and/or remote. Occasional travel may be required.
Minimum Experience and Degree Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Relevant background of Neuroscience, Engineering, Computer Science, and/or Biology preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in Linux (UNIX)-based environments required.
- 2-3 years of experience with developing data analysis tools in Python is preferred.
Location: Boston, MA – Cambridge, MA
Job date: Wed, 06 Sep 2023 22:33:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!