Job title: Graphic Designer
Company: Knowledge First Financial
Job description: At Embark Student Corp. (“ Embark Corp.”), we’re on a journey to create an entirely new student experience. One that is built on instilling confidence in students around the paths they are choosing and their ability and agency to achieve their goals for the future. As enablers and orchestrators of students’ success, we will create access, affordability and agency for students and their champions across our services and solutions. This will provide them with guidance and support in all aspects of planning and saving for post secondary education – giving them a future-ready advantage and help them thrive well past their educational journey.
Embark Corp. is cultivating an environment that enables growth, trust and pioneering. To help drive our transformation and growth, we are guided by the following strategic pillars:
- · Elevate our Expertise in Education Savings & Planning
- · Aspire to be Trusted and Easy to do Business with
- · Put our Customers in the Center of Our Experience
- · Partner to Drive Value, Scale and Reach
What makes us qualified to do this?
In business since 1965 and owned and operated by a not-for-profit organization, everything we do is in service to our students. We are a diverse and passionate community of experts that firmly believes in the benefits of education, priding ourselves on helping to shape their future and empowering them to reach their full potential.
As we move forward, we will leverage and build upon our unmatched expertise in the RESP space to propel both our students and our company forward, ensuring a better tomorrow. Our vision is set, our future is bright, and we’re just getting started.
We are seeking a talented and creative Graphic Designer to join our dynamic marketing team. As a Graphic Designer, you will play a crucial role in developing and executing visually appealing designs to support our brand, marketing campaigns, and communications across various digital and print platforms. Your exceptional design skills and keen eye for detail will help enhance our brand identity and deliver captivating visual experiences.
CHALLENGES TO BE MET
- Design and produce visually compelling materials, including but not limited to display ad banners, social media graphics, email templates, website content, infographics and presentations aligning with the institution’s brand guidelines.
- Develop print collateral, including flyers, posters, and promotional materials, adhering to industry standards and printer requirements.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including marketing managers, copywriters, sales leaders and other designers, to develop innovative and effective design concepts for various projects.
- Maintain and update the institution’s visual brand identity, ensuring consistency across all design elements and materials.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, design techniques, and software tools to continuously enhance design skills and bring fresh ideas to the team.
- Collaborate with external agencies, freelancers, and vendors to ensure timely delivery of high-quality design assets.
- Assist in photo editing, retouching, and manipulation as needed to enhance visual impact.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize tasks, and meet project deadlines while maintaining high-quality standards.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
At Embark Corp., we value each employee for their unique perspectives and experiences. If you are someone who has experience and skills similar to what we are looking for and is aligned with the culture and values, please consider applying!
- · Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Graphic Design, Visual Communication, or a related field.
- · 3-5 years of work experience as a Graphic Designer, preferably in the financial or banking industry.
- · A portfolio showcasing a variety of design projects across both digital and print platforms.
- · Solid understanding of design principles, typography, color theory, and layout composition.
- · Experience with responsive design and knowledge of the latest web design trends.
- · Excellent attention to detail and ability to deliver high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
- · Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- · Ability to receive and incorporate feedback while maintaining a positive attitude.
- · Strong interpersonal skills, effective at building relationships at all levels.
- · Experience with promotional offers, contests and A/B testing.
- · Ability to work independently and efficiently in a busy environment managing multiple projects, shifting priorities, and tight deadlines.
- · Someone who listens to diverse perspectives with an empathetic attitude.
- · A lifelong learner that is performance driven.
- · Someone who recognizes our customers as our most important stakeholders.
- · Someone who continuously takes initiative and embraces change.
- · Expertise in design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Figma.
- · Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint in particular).
- · Animation skills are not required would be considered a valuable asset.
We have adopted a hybrid model, leveraging the best of remote and in-person work. This work model however can differ depending on roles and leaders.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We at Embark Corp., are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a culture that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Embark Student Corp. has been Great Place to Work® certified since 2018.
Location: Mississauga, ON
Job date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 02:31:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!