Job title: IT Data Warehousing Analyst
Company: Henry Ford Health System
Job description: DESCRIPTION:
Under the general direction of the Project Manager, Manager, or the Director, develops and enhances a data warehouse environment which includes data design, database architecture, metadata and repository creation. Reviews data loaded into the data warehouse for accuracy. Responsible for the development, maintenance, and support of an enterprise data warehouse system and corresponding data marts. Troubleshoots and tunes existing data warehouse applications. Conducts research into new data warehouse applications and determines viability for adoption. Evaluates existing subject areas stored in the data warehouse. Incorporates existing subject areas into an enterprise model. Creates new or enhanced components of the data warehouse. The responsibilities also include troubleshooting application issues and/or data issues when they arise. The Data Warehousing Analyst is accountable for production support (including on-call duties in a 24×7 environment) as well as new projects. The ideal candidate will have significant experience using analytical skills to seek out, research and evaluate a variety of options to provide clients with high quality solutions that promote efficiency and enterprise-wide standardization. Must demonstrate the ability to mediate and bridge the relationship between technical and business stakeholders without compromising the needs of the solution users and the strategic goals of the organization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collects, analyzes and summarizes data to support business decisions.
- Identifies opportunities for reuse of data across the enterprise. Validates data sources.
- Keeps abreast of new Tools & Technology and functionalities across the application(s).
- Works closely with customers, vendors, business analysts and application development project teams to resolve information flow and content issues.
- Ensure data integrity and compliance by performing data profiling and data validations.
- Facilitates meetings with clients to gather and document requirements and explore potential solutions.
- Gathers data and reporting requirements. Detects and summarizes patterns in data and findings by producing simple reports and works with development teams for problem solving resolutions.
- Analyzes and documents client’s business requirements and processes and communicates these requirements by constructing conceptual data and process models, including data dictionaries and volume estimates from organization.
- Collaborates with work teams, departments, system leadership, staff, other IT groups, and technology vendors to define needs and facilitate solutions.
- Provides input into developing and modifying systems to meet client needs and develops business specifications to support these modifications.
- Creates test scenarios and develops test plans to be used in testing the business applications in order to verify that client requirements are incorporated in to the system design.
- Assists in analyzing testing results throughout the project.
- Assists in coordinating business analyst tasks on information technology projects, problem tickets and provide support to other team members.
- Provides support, escalation response to production problem issues/errors. Performs root cause analysis and application resolution.
- Provides on call second-level escalation response for client issues and problem tickets
- Assists in providing time estimates for project related tasks.
- Ensure proper documentation and on-time delivery of all functional artifacts and deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five (5) years of applicable work experience required; 3 years applicable experience in a Healthcare setting preferred.
- Preferred technical experience includes strong knowledge of state-of-the-art software engineering approaches in design, build, test, debugging problems, and ongoing technical support, and ability to articulate examples of workflows and processes associated with that experience.
- Good understanding of HIPAA data Privacy and Security requirements.
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member. Experience with the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience with Epic Clarity and Epic Cogito is preferred.
- Deep expertise with Microsoft SQL Server, TFS, SharePoint, and SSIS technologies is preferred.
- Experience with Oracle and PeopleSoft is a plus.
This posting represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described above.
Under the leadership of President and CEO Robert G. Riney, Henry Ford Health is a
$6 billion integrated health system comprised of six hospitals, a health plan, and 250+ sites
including medical centers, walk-in and urgent care clinics, pharmacy, eye care facilities and
other healthcare retail. Established in 1915 by auto industry pioneer Henry Ford, the health system
now has 32,000 employees and remains home to the 1,900-member Henry Ford Medical Group, one
of the nation’s oldest physician groups. An additional 2,200 physicians are also affiliated with the
health system through the Henry Ford Physician Network. Henry Ford is also one of the region’s
major academic medical centers, receiving between $90-$100 million in annual research funding and
remaining Michigan’s fourth largest NIH-funded institution. Also an active participant in medical
education and training, the health system has trained nearly 40% of physicians currently practicing
in the state and also provides education and training for other health professionals including nurses,
pharmacists, radiology and respiratory technicians. visit .
Whether it’s offering a new medical option, helping you make healthier lifestyle choices or
making the employee enrollment selection experience easier, it’s all about choice. Henry
Ford Health has a new approach for its employee benefits program – My Choice
Rewards. My Choice Rewards is a program as diverse as the people it serves. There are
dozens of options for all of our employees including compensation, benefits, work/life balance
and learning – options that enhance your career and add value to your personal life. As an
employee you are provided access to Retirement Programs, an Employee Assistance Program
(Henry Ford Enhanced), Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Employee Health and Wellness, and a whole host of other benefits and services. Employee’s classified as contingent status are not eligible for benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Henry Ford Health is
committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to
race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, size, height,
weight, marital status, family status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and genetic information,
or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Location: Detroit, MI
Job date: Wed, 06 Sep 2023 22:57:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!