Job title: Marketing Coordinator
Company: Modern Niagara
Job description: Description :
At Modern Niagara, we value passion, initiative, determination, professionalism, and teamwork and we are committed to ensuring that our teams have everything they need to succeed. Health and safety are embedded in everything we do and, as a result, our award-winning safety culture has a record that’s well above industry standards. Modern Niagara is one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and is a recipient of SMACNA‘s Safety Excellence Award Program (SSEAP) – Canada and the Canadian Occupational Safety (COS) Magazine’s Canada’s Best Health + Safety Culture Award and Canada’s Safest Employers Award in the Building and Construction category.
We are seeking a highly organized and out-going Marketing Coordinator to temporarily join our team. The mission of the Marketing Coordinator it to assist our team to create and deploy social media content across all platforms. Our career opportunities offer creative challenges to learn and develop new skills and experiences.
This is temporary, full-time contract position ending on December 22, 2023, located in any of the following office locations: Ottawa, Hamilton, Calgary, Edmonton, or Vancouver.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the development and creation of content for our external communication platforms including social media copy, newsletters, web copy and blog articles, case studies, etc.
- Utilize basic design tools such as Canva to create compelling visuals.
- Keep up-to-date and monitor trends, industry conversations and thought leadership on social media and other online channels.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify and develop relevant topics and stories for content creation.
- Provide support with the delivery of recruitment campaigns.
- Working towards a degree or diploma in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or applicable education.
- Social media savvy with knowledge and experience using LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
- Exceptional written skills, able to copyedit and manage narrative flow at a high level.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A strong communicator, able to build rapport with all employees to learn about possible content opportunities.
- Team player, energetic, resourceful, reliable, and timely.
- Excels in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and capable of adapting to changing priorities and overlapping schedules.
- Organized, autonomous and able to work with minimal oversight.
- Related work experience is an asset, including from other co-op placements, internships, or projects.
- Experience using Graphic design software such as Canva is a strong preference.
- Experience managing a social media account for a business is a strong asset (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram etc.)
- Experience using email newsletter platforms such as Mailchimp is an asset.
- Experience using content management and scheduling platforms such as Hootsuite and Airtable is an asset.
- Knowledge about the construction industry an asset but not mandatory.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Modern Niagara, we recognize the value of fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization and are committed to eliminating barriers faced by members of equity-seeking groups (women, Indigenous, Black, racialized, LGTBQ2S+, people with disabilities, and new immigrants) in the construction industry. Our DEI vision is to build an organization where everyone has access to the same opportunities, experience equitable outcomes, and can thrive and reach their full potential.
We value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. Modern Niagara is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise us so that suitable accommodations can be made. We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Ottawa, ON
Job date: Sun, 03 Sep 2023 06:55:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!