Job title: Operations Data Analyst
Company: Karl Storz
Job description: Company: KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. (KSEA)
Job Code: 13567
Pay Grade: US-C15
Salary Range: $32.50 – $51.83
KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG based in Tuttlingen, Germany, is a family-owned, global company committed to benefiting humanity by advancing medical technology through innovation and education.
For more than 75 years, KARL STORZ has been dedicated to earning its international reputation as a leader that designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on visionary design, precision craftsmanship, and clinical effectiveness.
KARL STORZ is currently seeking a highly motivated Data Analyst to join the Operations team. Reporting to lead analyst of Customer Experience, the ideal candidate has expertise in Tableau visualization and is passionate about creating business value through designing and developing robust and performant data models.
Collaborating across customer support, technical services, logistics, compliance, OR1 and other business teams, this position will design and implement datasets and reports in Tableau, as well as perform analysis and share underlying trends and actionable insights to help our stakeholders in decision-making.
This opportunity will get you working on large scale structured, unstructured data sets, apply various data engineering and modeling techniques on the real-world datasets to build and deploy models. A well-qualified candidate should be highly technical with strong business acumen. They are a self-starter with abundant intellectual curiosity who excels at framing problems analytically, comfortable working through ambiguity, and have a proven track record of helping leverage analytical insights to drive impactful decisions.
- Collaborate with internal business partners facilitating the design, build and automation of reports / dashboards in Tableau that provide actionable insight into customers, products, and sales force.
- Mine data, perform quantitative analysis and create clear and actionable narratives about our customers, their behaviors, and drivers of retention and engagement.
- Leverage data modeling, wrangling and analytics techniques to investigate our internal data and external data (e.g., surgical procedures) to boost our understanding of medical devices market.
- Partner with compliance teams to understand business context, develop metrics to measure performance, iterate and improve on data insights and solutions to deliver actionable information to the business.
- Collaborate with stakeholders including technical services, logistics, compliance, OR1 customer service etc. on initiatives that improve our company-level KPIs and match our business priorities.
- Develop and deploy solutions for solving business problems predictive modeling techniques.
- Build intuitive interfaces, infographics, and visualizations to tell stories with data.
- Create presentations with analysis and insights for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Be constantly curious and continue to pursue in-depth explorations of our datasets.
- Communicate complicated data findings in a clear and concise manner to stakeholders.
- Ad-hoc analysis to address urgent high impact analysis for business stakeholders
- A Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Engineering) or equivalent consulting experience.
- 3+ years of experience with data exploration and visualization like Tableau, Looker, PowerBI, etc. It is a plus if you can share a portfolio of clear, intuitive, and insightful visualizations.
- 3+ years of experience in data analytics, including building and deploying enterprise-wide data models with applications to real-world problems.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to translate technical solutions and methodologies to executive leadership.
- Demonstrated success working in a collaborative, service-oriented team environment.
- Experience working in a cross-functional setting, managing the full lifecycle of projects.
- Experience working well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment.
- Attention to detail with self-discipline and a drive for results.
- Advanced problem-solving, organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Proven experience with tolerance for ambiguity working through incubation to actual product definition.
- Pragmatic attitude and ability to rapidly iterate and evolve ideas into practical implementations.
- Proficient in SQL and/or other data query languages. Experience of handling large scale data with efficiency. Familiar with Python or R is a plus.
- Experience in medical device or healthcare industry is a plus.
Join a dynamic team with a remote work policy that allows the flexibility to work three days from home and two days in the office or on a rotational schedule of one week from home and one week in the office.
The salary range and/or hourly pay rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job posting and may be modified in the future. When determining a specific team member’s base salary and/or hourly pay rate, several factors will be considered including such things as location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, professional credentials, internal equity, and the amount budgeted for the role.
Credentialing requirements at KARL STORZ
KARL STORZ is committed to maintaining a safe work environment for our employees and customers. Most field-based roles at KARL STORZ require hospital credentialing/health screens as a condition of employment. Credentialing can include required vaccinations, health screens & other requirements as outlined by our customers. During the interview process, we encourage you to ask how credentialing/health screens may impact the role you are seeking and if you require any reasonable accommodations regarding these requirements.
Employee Benefits Program Overview for U.S. Locations
- Medical / Dental / Vision including a state-of-the-art wellness program and pet insurance, too!*
- 3 weeks vacation, 11 holidays plus paid sick time*
- Up to 8 weeks of 100% paid company parental leave**
- 401K retirement savings plan providing a match of 60% of the employee’s first 6% contribution
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- We prepay your tuition up to $5,200 per year! – Tuition preimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement of up to $200 annually
- Employee referral program of up to $2,000 per hire
- And much more!
*Field sales, internships, and part-time employees are not eligible except where required by state law.
Non-employees, including temporary workers and consultants, are not eligible to participate in the KARL STORZ benefits program.
**To include, maternal/paternal leave, adoption, and fostering of a child.
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employees must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ policies and procedures.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation Statement
KARL STORZ is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills and unique experiences. To achieve this goal, we are committed to diverse voices, and all applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. KARL STORZ is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. Should you need assistance or accommodation please email us at TaleoAdministrator@karlstorz.com.
Notice to Employment Agencies
This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by KARL STORZ’s Human Resources team. Human Resources will reach out to our preferred, contracted agency partners in the rare instance additional talent options are required. Your respect for this process is appreciated. KARL STORZ does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. Resumes received which were unsolicited by the KARL STORZ Human Resources department will be ineligible for referral fees.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job date: Sun, 03 Sep 2023 07:58:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!