Job title: Print Designer
Job description: Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Founded in 2006, Joe Fresh is a leading source for modern style and accessible design, offering comprehensive lifestyle collections for men, women and children. Joe Fresh delivers quality and compelling value in categories spanning in apparel, accessories, and footwear. Joe Fresh collections are polished and sophisticated, with a focus on essential designs that appeal to a broad range of style-savvy consumers. With more than 350 Joe Fresh departments from coast to coast, the Joe fresh network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness, and inclusivity. We are looking for innovative, hardworking, and collaborative team members for our Joe Fresh team. Join our team in our goal of helping Canadians Live Life Well®.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
The Textile/Print Designer will conceptualize, adjust, and produce graphic prints for textiles. The Print Designer will work closely with the Design department to ensure high quality design consistency across all products, print material meets project requirements and help prepare production ready designs.
What you’ll do:
- Work with Design Manager to develop seasonal color palettes and print direction
- Develop assortment of seasonal prints, yarn dyes and sweater art
- Develop original print artwork based on concept inspiration and bought art, creating prints by hand when necessary
- Re-color prints and make print repeat/layout adjustments during development
- Package artwork templates and communicate designs to overseas vendors
- Work with production and color teams to review and troubleshoot prints based on costing and execution parameters
- Complete all tasks according to corporate calendar
- Research market to determine print trends across all product categories
What you’ll bring:
- Degree (or equivalent) in Textile Design or equivalent
- 3-5 Years of Textile Design experience
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe software programs (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat)
- Knowledge of Aquario Design or similar print programs is preferred (NedGraphics, Kaledo, etc.)
- Knowledge of basic print techniques and garment construction
- Must be a versatile, self-motivated, innovative individual who pays close attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and ability to complete multiple tasks and projects within deadlines
- Strong drawing skills, able to draw in a variety of styles
Employment Type: Full time
Type of Role: Permanent
Location: 2 Fraser Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M6K 1Y6
How You’ll Succeed:
At Joe Fresh, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Joe Fresh recognizes Canada’s diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Location: Toronto, ON
Job date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 06:39:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!