Job title: Project Manager (Transit Architecture)
Job description: Company Description
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
IBI Group is now proudly a part of Arcadis. Together, we are committed to improving the quality of life for our clients, people, partners and the communities we all serve.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leadership and coordination of the project team. They will be a client champion and have involvement in all phases of projects from concept development through construction. They will manage project, client budgets & schedules and have involvement in office management and marketing.
The ideal candidate will have a diverse Architectural portfolio and recent experience in large-scale complex building projects.
Most of the Things You’ll Work On:
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding client expectations
- Works closely with principals in the development of building design
- Oversees complete project development from concept to completion
- Responsible for office project budget and scheduling as well as client’s budget and schedule
- Provides mentoring to junior staff
- Keep Project Lead fully apprised of project status, design developments and any decisions that may affect schedule and budgets
- Attend design team meetings
- Develop and manage the production of the contract documents
- Develop and coordinate all architectural details, drawings and specifications
- Integrate and coordinate with all disciplines as required to complete project tasks
- Maintain and coordinate quality control of design and document deliverables ensuring adherence to design objectives, budgets, code requirements and other regulations
- Assist with development of presentation material when required
- Supervise and review the work of junior staff and provide input and mentoring as required
- Perform construction contract administration duties including construction site reviews, chairing construction progress meetings and providing site review reports
- Perform all other related tasks that will help accomplish the project
You’ll Need to Have:
- Architectural or Engineering Degree from a recognized University
- Registered member of OAA or PEO
- 7 – 10 years or more of relevant experience in conception and CAD drawings
- Experience in transit station design will be considered a strong asset
- Proficient with the following software: AutoCAD and REVIT
- Ability to use rendering and graphic software will be considered and asset
- Proficient with developing and researching appropriate details and construction sequencing
- Experience with the preparation of project specifications and general conditions
- Experience in construction administration procedures, submittal reviews and RFI process will be considered an asset
- Excellent verbal, written and graphic skills
- Excellence in design, presentation skills, technical and quality assurance
- Ability to direct and coordinate staff and consultants.
- Experienced presenting to clients, agencies and public
- Excellent time management skills
- Initiative-oriented with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
Why you should work for Arcadis IBI Group :
Our employees will find a design environment where collaboration is at the core of the business. We proudly support our team members through continuing education, completion of licenses and certifications, memberships in professional societies, seminar and conference attendance.
- Competitive Base Salary based on industry standards
- Robust Extended + Medical Benefits
- Participation in Incentives Program
- Coverage of Licensing Fees and Annual Dues to Professional Associations
- A creative work environment with a collaborative team and an appreciation for a great office culture
- Opportunity for professional growth and career development
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are proud to support the growth and equality of our people through initiatives like our Mentorship Program, Global Women’s Network, and Diversity & Inclusion Council. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, race, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
As part of Arcadis IBI Group’s selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
We request applicants submit a RESUME highlighting relevant work experience; please limit PDF files to 10MB.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location: Toronto, ON
Job date: Sun, 20 Aug 2023 00:24:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!