Job title: Senior Civil/Structural Designer – Hydropower, Dams & Hydraulic Structures
Job description: Requisition ID: 168917
Job Level: Senior Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers
Department: Drafting & Design
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit is expanding its new design team specializing in Hydropower, Dams and Hydraulic Structures (HDH) and is seeking top performing contributors to support and sustain its growth over the coming years.
As such, we are currently seeking a Senior Structural /Civil Designer to support the activities of the group (e.g. proposals, ECI mandates, greenfield projects, refurbishments, etc.).
The candidate will work closely with the team’s Engineers and Designers provide various services to internal groups for the development of HDH projects.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering’s Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk.
Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America.
With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building RRSP plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position will be based out of one of Kiewit’s major hub locations across Canada (Laval, QC; Oakville, ON; Burnaby, BC) with travel as business necessitates to project sites and other offices.
Under the supervision of the HDH Structural Discipline Lead and Structural Engineers:
- Work within multi-discipline project teams to deliver a wide range of projects including concrete and earthfall dams, hydraulic structures (spillway, intake, outlet structures, culverts, canals, etc.), hydropower buildings (steel and concrete detailing), retaining walls and machinery foundations, plus roads and yards.
- Develop deliverables for concept studies through to detailed design and construction, including:
o 3D models (concrete dams and earth works)
o 2D drawings (site layouts, profiles, sections, and civil/structural details utilizing knowledge of steel/ concrete structures)
o Material take-offs
o Design of civil/earthworks (including embankments, general grading, drainage, roads, etc.)
- Prepare high-quality deliverables, including 3D modeling and graphic renderings, plus drawings using the standards set out by Kiewit.
- Actively participate in the design and provide input to the design team throughout the design process.
- Review drawings to ensure compliance with Client drafting standards.
- Coordinate with a multi-disciplinary project team.
- Preparing drawings using Autodesk AutoCAD, and Civil 3D software. Experience and proficiency with MicroStation would be an asset.
- Experience in preparing technical specifications would be an asset.
- Help in the preparation of design documentation at various project stages
- Contribute to business development and to the preparation of proposals
- Contribute to the supervision and training of junior staff
- Technical diploma in Civil with 5+ years of relevant design experience relating to hydropower, dams and hydraulic structure projects.
- Demonstrated proficiency with AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Demonstrated proficiency at building 3D structural models.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines.
- Ability to work well as part of a team or on an individual basis.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong organizational and technical skills.
- Experience in MicroStation is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Committed to ongoing personal and professional development.
- Committed to the growth and success of the firm.
- Regular, reliable attendance
- Work productively and meet deadlines timely
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment
- Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
- Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 07:48:23 GMT
Apply for the job now!