Job title: Senior Data Application Analyst
Company: University of Arizona
Job description: Senior Data Application Analyst
Posting Number req13850
Department COM Info Technology Services
Department Website Link https://medicineit.arizona.edu/
Location UAHS – Tucson
Address 1501 N. Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
Position Highlights The Senior Data Application Analyst is the subject matter expert in providing guidance for the day-to-day activities, analytical and oversight support to the clinical trials application (CTMS) – OnCore and eReg. This position uses critical thinking to administer, manage, and coordinate the continued implementation of CTMS.
This position will play crucial role in designing, developing, and maintaining the business intelligence dashboards and reports that are tagged for leadership, operational and external agencies. The incumbent will work closely with other teams to support all technical aspects of CTMS, and must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, highly visible environment with a sense of urgency.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please .
Duties & Responsibilities
- Research, properly evaluate information, and prepare concise, well organized reports, summaries, and correspondence.
- Identify application, business intelligence, reporting and data analysis needs with the objective of turning data into critical information and knowledge.
- Identify areas of improvement and critical issues with ease for data quality.
- Follow standard operating procedures to fulfill goal of establishing a comprehensive data support infrastructure, in various data areas, with focus on clinical trials.
- Think critically, compile and analyze data from various sources to prepare reports.
- Identify data patterns and trends to provide insight in enhancing reporting capability, which includes data cleaning and ensuring data integrity.
- Build cross-functional relationships with business units to ensure long-term partnership success. This includes working independently to gather requirements, facilitate meetings, summarize issues, execute project plans with minimal intervention, and delivering informative, well-organized deliverables to stakeholders.
- Create and maintain documentation of processes, designs, and implementations.
- Work with the team in developing and maintaining a formal description of business processes and data structures which includes, data definitions, data models, data flow diagrams and business process mapping.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Skilled in readily manipulating large data sets to produce actionable information and visual analytics.
- Strong analytic skills and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Five (5) years of relevant work experience is required.
- Experience with University of Arizona and/or College of Medicine business processes.
- Experience with clinical research; Knowledge with various types of human subject clinical trials i.e., National Group, Industrial, and Investigator-authored.
- Experience with clinical applications, experience with SQL, Jasper Reports, Oracle, Power BI and relational database designs.
- Experience working with business systems such as Confluence, project management tools and Issue Tracking systems.
- Exhibits confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Possesses good understanding in the areas of database and data warehouse design.
- Willingness to learn new skills and adapt exiting knowledge to tackle new challenges.
- Willingness to work as a supportive, cooperative member of an interdisciplinary team.
- A strong customer focus that is apparent in problem solving.
- FERPA and/or HIPAA experience.
Full Time/Part Time Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week 40
Job FTE 1.0
Work Calendar Fiscal
Job Category Planning and Analysis
Benefits Eligible Yes – Full Benefits
Rate of Pay DOE
Compensation Type salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level PC3
Job Family Data Analysis
Job Function Planning & Analysis
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to job duties)
Number of Vacancies 1
Target Hire Date
Expected End Date
Contact Information for Candidates Casandra Sanchez | firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Date 3/2/2023
Open Until Filled Yes
Documents Needed to Apply Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
Diversity Statement At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
Location: Tucson, AZ
Job date: Sun, 03 Sep 2023 06:28:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!